Woody Allen once said “Showing up is eighty percent of life.” But it’s not just about showing up… unfortunately there are many not so honest so-called locksmiths who show up in an unmarked car, are not licensed and are unqualified.
When we come to your home or business you never have to guess who we are. We always come in a clearly marked service truck and we are licensed (as required in CT), bonded and insured.
Give us a call @ 860-678-9797 if you need locks replaced, repaired or rekeyed. Click here to see a full list of our services.
We are a trustworthy mobile locksmith company and because we’re not tied to a brick-and-mortar location we can offer specific advantages to our customers:
- We provide services whether a person is at home or at their business;
- Because we work on-the-go, we have our equipment with us and can resolve problems quickly;
- We offer a broad range of locksmith services, not just the basics. Our services include lock repair, lock installation, dead bolt installation, panic bar installation and repair, door closer installation and repair, lock rekeying, master rekeying, house lockouts, cutting keys, duplicating keys, safe combination changes.
It’s an unfortunate reality, dishonest locksmiths are all around us. Here are a few tips on what to watch for when dealing with a mobile locksmith you’ve never worked with before:
- They should have a truck with their company name on it;
- Ask for their locksmith license, Connecticut (and 13 other states) require locksmiths to be licensed;
- Ask for references;
- Ask for a business card, many fly-by-night “locksmiths” don’t even bother to get business cards.
Jim Arsenault is a Connecticut Master Locksmith with 30+ years experience. He is licensed, insured, and bonded. Jim repairs and installs locks at your Connecticut home or business, email Jim or give him a call at 860-678-9797 if you need locksmith services.
Wishing everyone a happy Easter!
– Sharon & Jim Arsenault
With spring coming around in a few months the real estate market is preparing itself to come into full swing again.
For many homeowners it means thinking about sprucing up the entrance to their home and improve its curb appeal in order to get top dollar for the property. When selecting a new door lock it’s important to make sure that it can resist break-in attempts.
To be safe we recommend to follow these guidelines:
- Make sure you buy a dead-bolt lock. It’s much safer than the key-in-knob lock which can be easily opened with a credit card.
- Buy a lock with a 1″ long dead bolt and a reinforced metal box strike.
- Use 3″ long mounting screws for installation to securely fasten the lock.
- If your budget allows it buy a high-security lock. They do cost more than a standard lock but they do resist picking.
- If you’re budget is on the lower end find a lock that comes with a sturdy strike plate.
Some homeowners like double-cylinder dead-bolt locks (a key is needed to open whether you’re outside or inside) because a burglar can’t just break the glass and reach in to unlock the door. These locks are not allowed everywhere because they make it difficult to get in or out in case of an emergency. Be sure to check with your local building department before installing this type of lock.
Jim Arsenault is a Connecticut Master Locksmith with 30+ years experience. He is licensed, insured, and bonded. Jim repairs and installs locks at your Connecticut home or business, email Jim or give him a call at 860-678-9797 if you need help with your locks.
Wishing everyone happy trick or treating.
-Sharon and Jim Arsenault