These days it seems there are nothing but bad locksmiths around, out to scam hardworking people. A Google search produces pages and pages of locksmith scams and locksmith horror stories where everyday people fall victim to unscrupulous, fake locksmiths.
Well, we’re here to tell you that not all locksmiths are bad. Our company, J & B Locksmith Service, has been installing and repairing a variety of locking systems for over 40 years.
When you call us you talk to a real person in our office, not somebody in a call center thousands of miles away. We are licensed and insured. We show up when we say we’ll be there, and we charge reasonable rates – just like a lot of other honest locksmiths located throughout the United States.
So this holiday season we want to tell you, yes, there are a lot of locksmith scams going on. But at the same time, there are also a lot of trustworthy, reliable locksmith services out there, and we are one of these locksmith companies.
We wish all our clients and website visitors a wonderful and happy holiday season!
Sharon & Jim
We are a trustworthy mobile locksmith company and because we’re not tied to a brick-and-mortar location we can offer specific advantages to our customers:
- We provide services whether a person is at home or at their business;
- Because we work on-the-go, we have our equipment with us and can resolve problems quickly;
- We offer a broad range of locksmith services, not just the basics. Our services include lock repair, lock installation, dead bolt installation, panic bar installation and repair, door closer installation and repair, lock rekeying, master rekeying, house lockouts, cutting keys, duplicating keys, safe combination changes.
It’s an unfortunate reality, dishonest locksmiths are all around us. Here are a few tips on what to watch for when dealing with a mobile locksmith you’ve never worked with before:
- They should have a truck with their company name on it;
- Ask for their locksmith license, Connecticut (and 13 other states) require locksmiths to be licensed;
- Ask for references;
- Ask for a business card, many fly-by-night “locksmiths” don’t even bother to get business cards.
Jim Arsenault is a Connecticut Master Locksmith with 30+ years experience. He is licensed, insured, and bonded. Jim repairs and installs locks at your Connecticut home or business, email Jim or give him a call at 860-678-9797 if you need locksmith services.